Friday, July 2, 2010

Catch up Time

Grandson went for major plastic surgery,

It was a painful moment for me and Grandpa.  I took him to Albuquerque Children's Hospital and I have to say I was very sad and worried.  He had his nose, lip, and the back of his throat done.

Thankfully, it had wifi so I could keep in touch with Grandpa as much as we could.  I did a lot of walking to and from his room to where we stayed. 

After he went under anesthesia, he fought the meds and didn't want to leave my side.  Finally the doctor had him smell something good and zap he was out.

After coming out of surgery he didn't cry, and he refused pain meds.  He is such a strong boy, and we are so lucky to have him.

The next morning he forced himself to drink so he could go home, and we did.  He is to be on liquid diet for the next two weeks.

Grandson is now playing, singing, and talking normal.  His words are coming out a whole lot better but still needs intensive speech therapy.  Another problem arised, he needs to see a hemotologist.  He has problems...

I saw his parents (they are once again living at the other end of my mom's house, they were living in welfare apartment.)  they didn't ask about him, I didn't say anything to them about their son.  I am always the one to say something about him, now I don't bother.  Both times, I seen his mom home.  I was told the last time, the reason why they don't visit is because she was always at work.