Sunday, April 10, 2011

Second Tournament

Today was the day my baby Grandson has been training hard everyday for. Unfortunately for him, he came in second.  First round was a breeze and he wiped the boy all over the mat, well it was easy because he was a yellow belt.  Seemed so unfair, I rather he spar with his ranking.  The second round, he was with Orange Stripe belt, a bit older and a bit more experienced..but it was going great.  Grandson was popping those points like nothing, he was 12 points ahead.  Then all of the sudden after Grandson kicked him above the hip, the boy cried and cried.  He was given a minute to recuperate...  I thought he got kicked in the groin, because he was holding that area..  I felt horrible.  Well, when I was looking at the photos, he was nowhere near that area..  Anywhooo... I don't know what happened but Grandson got bombed with headshots, and Grandson was at lost.  Yep, he lost by 4 points (15-11).  I think he was more in shock he lost, then knowing he got blown away by head shots.

At first he was a bit upset knowing he was coming in second, then later he just said "Darn, I was hoping to win."  But, he is so ready to go to another Tournament.  Since this was a State Championship TKD, he qualified to the Nationals in Texas.